Friday, July 31, 2009

Home Again

I had hoped to fill this blog with pics of my final adventures but I never seemed to remember my camera. Tourism sort of fell by the wayside in favor of hi-jinks with friends. I did manage to do a few new things in between karaoke sessions a 2nd on 2nd, an impromptu Michael Jackson dance party at Fresh Salt, and playing board games at McCarren Park in Williamsburg. My very last day I went to PS1 MoMA in Queens for some contemporary art, beer, and dancing. It was a great send-off and left me missing New York more than I ever thought I would. Staying for that last month and a half was both good and bad. Good in that I managed to get a fair amount of work done and spend time enjoying myself a bit. Bad in that I got a taste of what living there would mean if I had the luxuries of time and money to really enjoy myself.

Since being home I seem to be always doing something. Yet the pace has slowed somewhat. Part of it is just the settling in aspect (and man, it's hard incorporating a studio apartment's worth of stuff into this house), and part of is just the fact that I pretty much left my social life on the east coast.

As for the fate of this blog, who knows? I'm thinking of morphing into a foodie blog devoted to my adventures in fine dining and cooking with brief sojourns into knitting projects. Thoughts?

No comments: